Barbara Smith wrote:
 Dennis,
      I evidently missed your post asking about support groups in
Orange
County so I don't know if you live anywhere near Newport Beach where
we live.
We attend a weekly group at Hoag Hospital run by the local branch of
NPF, and
we attend a monthly group at Oasis Senior Center run by COPS(Children
of
Parkinsons). Both  these organizations run many groups in the
Southern
California area, and you should probably contact them for more
information.
NPF at Hoag is 800-641-4624and COPS is 619-773-5628. In spite of its
name,
COPS is an organization for both patients and caregivers and it
raises funds
specifically for respite relief for caregivers. The person you want
to speak
to at NPF is Mignone Trenary and at COPS it's Jo Rosen. I hope I meet
you soon
at one of these meetings. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if
you need
any more information.
Barbara Smith, cg/Ken/17

Barbara,
Thank you so much for your response.  I also received very nice
replies from Henry Guttentag, Barb Mallut and Kathrynne Holden.  My
mother is 79 and was diagnosed this past year.  Dad and Mom live in
Mission Viejo, CA.  I don't know if Hoag Hospital is the nearest
support group.  If anyone knows of a closer one, Let me know.  I will
call Kim Seidman of the National Parkinson's Foundation next week
(she was out until mid-Monday).  I will also call NPF and COPS.
Thank you for your help!
Dennis Liebl, son/Lillian 79/1

____
Dennis Liebl
Board Leader, Hometowns West BB (Prodigy Classic)
E-Mail me at:  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Visit my Web Site at:  http://pages.prodigy.com/liebl/homes.htm