KEn Becker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Darwin, you should not make LIGHT of Edison's contribution to our lives.

> you imagine driving 75MPH in your car and trying
>to keep candles lit, so you can see the road? ...........I didn't think

Now it's interesting you should ask that, Ken. My Uncle was a keen
collector of Bentleys, and some of the really old ones had acetylene
lamps - a bit more powerful than candles, but still a visibility
problem, especially at that speed, which he once did uphill in third
gear, just to show off to me! And that was in the days when your average
car had some difficulty getting up to, or holding, 60mph!

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Hampshire, UK