Welcome to the list Kerry Melcher.  I think you are wise to try to help
yourself and your mom learn about pd(Parkinson's disease) from this list.
Although there is alot of written information available about pd, I have
found the most support and practical advice from this list which I joined
in Jan. 98 after a confirmation of my Nov. 1997 diagnosis of pd.

We are all individuals with diff. stories to tell, but we do support and
help each other with problems/concerns re:living with pd.  Please listen
and ask questions of the list family and encourage mom to ask questions
through you. The important thing to remember is the advancements in
Parkinson's research are at an alltime high.  New meds, new surgeries, and
new technologies are all making life w/Parkinson's a little easier than
before.  You are taking advantage of the technology of internet support
online which is available 24 hrs. a day, every day of the year.  Makes
George Orwell's 1984 seem sooo outdated. Again, welcome.

Jeanette Fuhr 47(my age)/8 mos.(time since diagnosed)
<[log in to unmask]>  If you want to know more about me, you can visit my
webring page that Jerry Finch of this list prepared for me(he's technically
attuned, I'm NOT).  The URL is
<http://www.newcountry/nu/pd/members/auntie1.htm>