STILL MORE ABOUT CODING                                14 Aug 98

ICD-9-CM, undefined above, is: "International Classification of
Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification". A fat 3-ring
binder of around 2000 pages, published by:

Practice Management Information Corporation
4727 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300
Los Angeles, California 90010
1-800-MED-SHOP

I imagine that every hospital library in the country has one.
They also publish many other related books, including a dozen on
Coding And Reimbursement; e.g., "ICD-9-CM Coding Made Easy!"
This edition contains both diagnosis and procedure codes. For
example, on page 149:

332.0 Paralysis agitans (Parkinsonism or Parkinson's Disease)
332.1 Secondary Parkinsonism (Parkinsonism due to drugs)
333.0 Other degenerative diseases of the basal ganglia (several)
333.1 Essential and other specified forms of tremor (and so on.)

And, on page 1368:

01.41 Operations on thalamus (including thalamotomy)
01.42 Operations on globus pallidus  (including pallidotomy)
02.95 Implantation of intracranial neurostimulator (pacemaker)

With this, I hereby resign from research on this general
subject. I'm just too loaded with other stuff to do. I sincerely
hope that some other listmember will see its value, and pick it
up from here on. Cheers,
Joe.
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694