At 11:38 PM 8/12/98 -0400, Camilla F wrote:
>Dear Friends-- last evening I had the pleasant experience of speaking with
>a PD support group in Dayton, Ohio, held in the home of listfolks Don and
snip
>As the meeting began, folks were discussing their meds, much as we do here,
>and it quickly became evident that one took Requip successfully, while
>another said the first pill made him deathly ill,  and this was repeated
>for several of our common PD meds.
snip
>Jerry than spoke up, and reminded  us that ALL PD drugs work in different
>ways for different patients, to the point that he was reluctant to
>generalize about them without very cautious disclaimers.

Whenever I speak to a group about PD I always paraphrase what I learned on
this List a long time ago - The First Law of Parkinson's Disease,namely:
Every PWP is unique in symptoms and in drug response.  What works for one
PWP may not work for another.  And what works today may not work tomorrow.

Thanx for the important reminder.

     Sid Roberts   68/3   <[log in to unmask] >     Youngstown, Ohio