Dear all: I'd like give my humble opinion on a few items. First: Darwin
& Dennis-Thank goodness for your many talents, but thank you both for
sharing your
humor with us. Secondly, for people about to or considering the road to
SS disability, Godspeed & don't let them get you down. Use Marling's
helpful post & get all the help that you can to get it done right the
first time. Third: I tried the phone number for COPS and had a wonderful
conversation with the girl who answered the phone. Although she was
wonderful, she couldn't offer any help for my particular need: talking
to young children about PD. I hav mentioned this before, that my
daughter would like to have a pen e-mail pal who has a parent with PD.
As younger people are getting PD all the time, now may be a good time to
start thinking about a support system for our younger children When my
dad  lived with us, he had Alzheimer's & the local Alzheimer's
organization had a rather extensive library of children's books & even a
traveling puppet show that taught kids how to deal with a grandparent
with Alzheimer's. If anyone knows of such an organization, would you
please let me know. Next-to the symbol debate:
while both the hourglass & the torch have good points, I think that
since the torch is already in existence, we should all get together
behind that program and show a united front to the world so that we can
achieve the same "logo-recognition" as
the red ribbon for AIDS Awareness. I went to the web site & read about
their/our
campaign-it's a winner, in my estimation! Also, to all who are
struggling with symptoms gone haywire & other personal troubles at this
time, I wish that I could
do something more than say "keep the faith" & offer my prayers for
strength &
courage.  Sincerely,

--
Joan Snyder (47/8) "Do or do not. There is no try."-Yoda
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/snyder/page1.htm