On 08/15/98 Bernie Shaw wrote:

>Morbus Parkinson. Parkinson's disease. How I hate the word DISEASE.
 snip........
>I well remember the feelings I had when I heard the words diagnosis
>Parkinson's disease. The word Parkinson meant very little to me then but
>the word disease frightened the hell out of me.

Another option is to use the more accurate term, Parkinson Syndrome. There
are several different kinds of PD and several avenues for contracting it.
That is a far less threatening sounding term, as well as being more precise.

Even simpler would be the universal use of plain, unvarnished PD as the
appellation. Gad! how I detest having to use that clumsy term, Parkinson's
Disease, when I am referring to it or writing about it.

Martha