From: Marling McReynolds <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: SSA advocates
> For those just beginning their Social Security adventure...ALLSUP...

Two friends successfully used this outfit & swear by them. (They are a
married couple who live in the woods and got Lymme's disease, which is
possibly transmitted by the deer tick). It took them 2 years, but their only
symptom is fatique, and they are unlikely to ever get any worse.  This  AL
LSUP is not a law firm but they were effective in battling the idiots who
work in the local offices and they sent somone to their final hearings. I
don't know if that person was an attorney, but he/she was allowed to
testify.
Commentary:
1. Lymme's is a head cold compared to PD, yet these people both got SSDI.
Lymmes iskind of trendy, but do you suppose there is some kind of order to
these
judges  which admonishes them not to be too lenient because there are so
many of us that if
every one  got SSDI it could bankrupt the system???

2. The whole SS system is a welfare prorgram  No way is it an insurance
plan.  I figured that out when i figured i will have gotten back everyhing
i ever put into it within 4 years.  I'm talking about the regular pension,
which everyone gets eventually, not SSDI.

3. I mentioned this once before, but Money magazine did a scathing article
on the SSA last Sept. [with a follow-up i did not read in vNov.].  They
had a staffer apply for an SSA pension around the country. They said the
main culprits are the
individuals who work there -your friends & neighbors & relatives
who have SSA jobs. This reminds me of an old ani-war song called The
Universal Soldier, which blames war on he individual soldier who does not
refuse to fight. I hated that song & i hated Joan Baez for singing it.
SOMETHING IS WRONG  WITH SSA MANAGEMENT FOR ITS EMPLOYEES TO ACT LIKE THIS.

4.  TWO REASONS NOT TO WAIT  BEFORE APPLYING:
        -   the 2 year wait for medicare begins when you apply, not when you
are approved!
        -   there is something to do with, the longer you wait, the less $$$
you get .???  SOMEONE ON  THE LIST POSTED A WARNING ON THIS A YEAR OR MORE
AGO. WOULD HE/SHE OR ANYONE ELSE KNOWLEDGABLE PLEASE EXLPAIN IT AGAIN?
Thanks.

5  and last. "The people" got fed up with the IRS and Congress may have
fixed it. Do we - the sick, the old, the poor, the uninfluential - have any
hope of exerting the same pressure on Congress to fix  SSA?
Is it worth getting all hot & bothered over, or do we just forget about it,
figuring there are more important battles on which to use our limited
energy?
bba [52,4]

Oh yes, the main topic.  Do NOT try to chase an about 1/4 dead large-ish,
chewed up chipmunk you cat just brought into the kitchen and turned loose.
It stlll had plenty urge to live left in it & he was headed for the rest of
the house.  I managed to cut him off by using my cane, but in doing so i
went head first into the kitchen wall.  Not one of the participants in this
little episode thougth it was the least bit funny at the time. The dog, a 15
hear old Boxer, died last week - she would never have allowed either one of
them in the house in he first place!