hi to jeff and hilary and all y'all

clinical depression [cd]
has become one of my favourite subjects

i have copies of several posts of mine in re cd on the web at:
a new voice: http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm

since i have written to several people over the past year
who were stuggling with cd to the point of feeling suicidal
i have put these posts and a couple of others
together into a sort of 'care' package
which includes:

an introductory note
my 'perceptions series' of five messages
a definition of cd
the beck depression inventory
three news posts on cd
three messages re suicide
three messages describing the journey out of cd

if anyone wants me to email all or any of it to them, just ask
if anyone wants me to post the whole shebang to the list, i will

jeff, you are absolutely right in re the battle/war metaphor
whether the slide into cd is related to chemistry or emotional trauma
it is a slow and insidious process
the road out doesn't have to take as long
but it's not easy or straightforward or clear-cut
more like a roller coaster heading up out of the murk eventually
[and that is not an 'if'
it's a 'when']

thanks for answering my questions!

much love from your cyber-sister-in-slime

janet

a new voice: http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
51/10 - almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]
janet paterson