From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Dennis Greene
Sent:   Saturday, August 15, 1998 8:19 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Who did it?

Ok -Own up - Who did it?

Who allowed that Disease word into the language.  Just because people happen
to have a particular kind of unhealthy condition of body doesn't mean we
have to go giving that set of circumstances a name.  Especially such a
nasty, elitist one.   Syndrome has such a nice ring to it - but lets check
it out first -  hum - ah here it is :

Syndrome: Concurrent symptoms in................AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Syndrome: Concurrent symptoms in disease; characteristic combination of
opinion, behaviour, etc.

Disease: Unhealthy condition of body, mind, plant, or some part thereof,
illness, sickness; particular kind of this with special symptoms or
location.

Source: "The Concise Oxford Dictionary"
**

Dennis