Recently when I spoke to a PD support group in Dayton I saw a great example
of how such groups can really help us.  Among those present were 2 young
couples--I'd guess in their late 30s or early 40s, each having 3 young
children.
Both husbands were PWPs, both wives CGs.
One man had had PD for 15 years, but this was his 1st support group
meeting. The other was also new, to the group and to PD, having been
diagnosed only a few weeks earlier--still in the initial shock stage,
shutting his wife out in his guilt at handing her this situation.
It was sheer luck--or divine guidance--that brought them both there that
night,so they and their CGs could connect. One couple had years of
experience, the other was desperately in need of support. They will be in
touch with each other, for sure.
And that's not all--the value of these lists also comes into it.
The man who was a 15 year vet of PD--diagnosed at age 25--was in great pain
over how to deal with his limitations with his children, and the way he
felt it disappointed them that he couldn't be the kind of dad he wanted to
be.  I recalled a recent thread about "Telling my son", and was able to
retrieve the posts from the archive and send them to him later. I'm sure
they will be helpful.

I guess my point is this--no matter that we get irritated at times with the
volume/content of the lists, they are a wonderful resource, and so are we
all an irreplaceable resource and support for each other--"solidarity
forever!"

Camilla Flintermann            <[log in to unmask]>
        Oxford,Ohio

        +  "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,      +
        +      implicit and invisible as roots."          +
        +       from "Leaving the Garden"---CHF           +