I posed this question to the Harvard Forum:
I first noticed that something was wrong when I went out dancing and I =
was not able to dance, was stiff as a board. That was 2 1/2 years ago. =
However I have noticed in the course of those two years and more =
recently this weekend, that although I am stiff as a board at the =
beginnng, if I persevere, after the 4th or 5th dance, I am able to do it =
almost at the level of pre PD diagnosis. I seem to "loosen up" as the =
dancing time is increased and my movements become more fluid. Is there a =
rational explanation for this?=20
Thanks,=20
Mario=20

And here is one of their answers:

This response submitted by Mickie on 8/17/98.
Email Address:=20
I can dance up a storm, even when I can't even walk, something to do =
with the brain having to think about the movements, don't understand it, =
but at times I will dance down the hall because I can't walk=20

Any comments?