This is slightly off the point but still relates.
 It's not only PWPs who have problems with hospital routines. I remember
when my babies were born, and I was adamant that they be breastfed.  I
had trained as a breastfeeding counsellor and was not going to let
anything stand in the way of my  children's rights.  The hospital had a
policy - out of kindness to the poor new mums, that the new mothers not
be woken up during the night for the midnight feeds - after all this
would be their last chance for many years to have a whole night's rest.
Of course , if you are a proponent of breastfeeding, then you believe
that just one bottle of formula could be enuff to undo the whole thing
-- all the benefits of years of nursing your baby can be destroyed by
that first bottle!!  So that was another battle that had to be fought
and won  and it was a battle against people who thought they were being
nice!

Hilary Blue

Craig Mellinger wrote:

> Rebecca Hudson wrote:
> > I've had to learn to fight for myself--- Trust no one--  the nurse was well meaning and willing
> > becky hudson

> Becky
.It is possible to be more