Jerry,

Long ago I made up my mind I would not call Parkinson's a disease.  I
was neither ill nor sick. I had a disorder visited on me by an
inbalance of the chemicals in my brain..I regard the initials PD as
standing for Parkinson's Disorder only..

When I was first properly diagnosed, doctor's called Parkinson's:
Parkinson's syndrome or Parkinsonism.. In fact, Dr. Lewis Doshay,
Department of Neurology at Columbia (Medical School)  University,
NYC< called his excellent book:  "Parkinsonism and It's Treatment"
when he had it published in 1954.  In the late 50's and 60's when the
national Parkinson foundations were being formed, I noticed the term
Parkinson's Disease becoming popular.  I wondered why, and thought
maybe by tacking on the term "disease"  they were better able to
qualify for NIH grants for their research.  Anyway, you'll never hear
me call it anything but Parkinson's or Parkinson's Disorder....it
just could affect the state of our minds...<s> <giggle>

Bev