Gina Cass. wrote:

> Dear Hilary:
> Thank you for your lovely bit of humor.  I really enjoyed it.

Dear Gina.
 I think that is what keeps me sane. If I couldn't laugh , I would cry.
And  I mostly laugh at myself - but sometmes I laugh at others too. It
is not a cruel laugh,  that rejoices in anothers downfall, it's just - I
would laugh at myself if this happened to me , so I'm laughing at you
this time - next time you can laugh at me.  I think I told you about
my   friend Rosanne. She had polio at the age of 5, and was in and out
of hospital  all the years I knew her. She taught me to laugh. I
remember we were down at the seaside on vacation, and we had seen a
funny movie and were laughing and she fell out of the taxi -- and just
went on laughing....She had more boyfriends than anyone I knew, and
everyone just loved her. She married and has 3 girls. I haven't seen her
for maybe 15 years, and don't even know on which continent she lives..
But she gave me my life, and showed me the way to live it.

o PD? I have this rash, I don't know but it covers my face I never had
> anything like this before and in my hair.  It is like this "Dan the Dandruff"
> the drandruff.

I even have dandruff in my eyebrows!

 My Memory is gone I mean GONE.  If I don't get a hard copy I'm
> lost.

Memory, you say?
sorry , can't remember what that is!!!!!!!!!

 I can't drive, About half the food reaches my mouth and I have had
> exemplary manners now just hose me down.

You should have been at the luncheon on the first day of the PAN forum
in Washington in June.  The hotel couldn't have chosen a worse meal..
First course was a wonderful onion soup, totally encrusted in a thick
layer of cheese - if you could get the cheese off the top of the soup,
the effort produced enough jet propulsion to launch the cheese crust
across the table.
Second course: Slivers of chicken on a bed of greens - each piece of
chicken about  twice bite size, and each green about 2 inches by 6
inches.  Anne and I looked at each other and laughed and laughed and
laughed.  At the end of that meal, all the PWPs were starving, and I
think the hotel staff used bull dozers to clear  the eating area!

 I walk along and stop, what is stop
> in the middle of walking.  No one explained even a small portion of this to
> me.  child-adolessent-adult I have a happy go lucky attitude, I have toys and dolls
> and bears, cribs etc. and people who give me pleasure.  I have worked hard to
> sweep away the pain and whatever happens I will continue to be happy.

And therein lies the secret.  You can't fight it, it's there  to stay -
but you sure can reduce it in size - when you laugh at it - laugh at
eveything, and everybody.

 My Teddies, Dollies, Elmo's, Cows, Pigs, Moose and
> a few Beanie Babies(I really can't see the big thing about them but I needed
> to get a few, anyway, they bring me joy.  All of them do I talk with them like
> my children.  I have obtained a Port a-crib, a cradle, I had a ships trunk I
> have wagon, and wheel Barrows, chairs, gliders, you name it, they have it.  So
> do the dogs and cats.  I find they treat me better than
> most humans.

Of course they do, because they don't have any axe to grind.  They are
there for you and they will be what you make of them. And you love them
- so of course they love you too.

....and so do I .  Because I don't know you, but I feel I do know you.
And you make me think about these things and understand things about
myself  when I try to explain them to you.
Thank you.

Hilary

  I only have one favor and for the most part it has been done.,