Dear List Family...

This is an information update to those of you who are members of Kaiser
Permanente and who may be getting or are interested in getting collagen
injections into your vocal cords to restore "normal" speech and to aid
breathing.

Dr David Pitts, who had been performing the collagen injections in the Los
Angeles area is no longer practicing at the Kaiser Metropolitan (Sunset)
facility.

Should you want to reach Dr. Pitts regarding the collagen injections, he's now
practicing at the Kaiser Baldwin Park (San Gabriel Valley) facility.  The
address and phone number is:

Kaiser Baldwin Park Medical Center
1011 Baldwin Park Blvd.
Baldwin Park
(626) 851-6100 (direct call to the ENT/throat and neck clinic)
APPOINTMENT/physician message number:  (800) 823-2020

FYI.... Since I live in Van Nuys, which is a looooong haul from Baldwin Park,
I'm going to be calling around to other, closer, Kaiser facilities to see if
in the year that I've used Dr. Pitt's services for my collagen injections,
that possibly, HOPEFULLY, other Kaiser MDs may have learned to do this
procedure and therefore it will still be available for me.

I HATE this whispy, faint voice and difficulty in speaking a complete sentence
without having to take a deep breath in the middle of that sentence, and the
collagen injections made a BIG difference!

As in the past, I'll continue to update the List as I find out additional
information regarding collagen injections and other PD-related information.

Barb Mallut