Date:    Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:58:56 -0400
From:    Michel Margosis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: tolcapone

> On average, patients taking the drug had more than 2 extra hours of ``on``
time daily,
> Adler and colleagues report. These patients were also able to reduce the
> dose of levodopa they were taking by more than 20%.

Indeed, it has thus been working well with Barbara who takes 100 mg
Tasmar twice a day, and has been able to reduce the Sinemet 25/100 taken
7 times a day to 3-4 times a day, extending the time between dose from
2.5 to 4-5 hrs, and has likewise reduced her Permax by about 20%.
But we are still awaiting the cure!!!
Michel Margosis