Susan:

You probably mean tolcapone, which is the generic name for Tasmar,
manufactured by Roche.  Tolcapone and entacapone are COMT inhibitors, a new
class of drugs in PD therapy.  (I don't believe that entacapone has been
approved yet.)

 The other new drugs on the market are Requip (ropinerole) and Mirapex
(pramypexole), which are dopamine agonists.

Carole Cassidy.

At 11:55 AM 8/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Susan, Yes I have heard of the drug, but actually don't keep up with any
drug
>my husband or I am not taking. There are a lot of people on this list who do,
>and they send out information on them. I am willing to bet that someone else
>will answer your post. Also your pharmacist can give you information on these
>drugs, but not as fully as that posted to the list . Watch for Janets or
>Judiths  post in particular. Someone here will have that information
stored or
>know a web site. You people out there with this information, please help
Susan