Wow!
We didn't have TV in South AFrica till Jan 5th, 1976. I emigrated on Jan
4th. I had by this time seen T,V tho - in England once when I was a
child - all I remember is Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men - and their
friend Weeeeeeed! And I lived in England for a year before I officially
emgrated from SA so I had officially met the telly...Surprisingly I 've
never felt myself to have led a deprived childhod.  One claim to fame,
tho- one of my aunts used to play piano duets with a girl who ultimately
married one of the inventors of TV - Blair, I think it was.

Hilary Blue