Attention All Artists!
NPF is planning a Very Special Art Show.

NPF’s West Coast office under the direction of Kim Seidman is planning an
exciting new event to raise both awareness and funds for Parkinson’s disease.

Millard Tipp a Parkinson patient and  advocate from L.A. has discovered and
brought to NPF’s attention, a new non-profit art gallery in Beverly Hills
called "A Very Special Art Gallery".  This gallery, which is an affiliate
of the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington, DC, shows
art work done by chronically ill and handicapped artists.  NPF has
partnered with the gallery to host an exhibit featuring artwork done by
people with Parkinson’s disease.

The show will kick off on February 12, 1999 (Valentine’s Day Weekend) with
a grand opening party featuring Muhammad Ali who has agreed to do a sketch
for us to auction off at the event. A  high ticket fundraising dinner at
Spago  (a famous restaurant next door to the gallery) is in the works.

NPF has high hopes for this unique event. Parkinson’s patients with
artistic ability interested in showcasing their work should contact Kim
Seidman, Director of NPF’s West Coast Office at (800) 522-8855.

Proceeds from donated artwork will be split 50/50 between the Gallery and
NPF. For Artists wishing to generate income, the split will be 33/33/33.

As always, thank you for allowing me to participate on the listserv. I hope
some of you will be interested in showcasing your talent at the exhibit.

Warm Regards,
Melinda Brown
Director of PR,NPF

PS. Thanks to all of you who have forwarded me your congratulations
regarding my PSA placement in  this month’s  issue of GEORGE magazine. It
wasn’t easy but it was certainly worth the effort!