Hi Folks,
This is how I spent my summer day yesterday. My wife and I went canoeing
on what was supposed to be a placid river yesterday. I turned out to
have some rapids, almost what you would call white water. Well
everything was going well for 5 miles or so but we came to a narrow
passage with some swift water, and we did not make it! We tried to do a
barrel roll, which you can"t do in a canoe. So when I hit the water I
suffered a gash in my lower right shin. On  a submered rock or tree
limb. It was 3 inches long and to the bone. We wrapped it up with a
hankie and finisned the trip where we were picked up and taken back to
our camper. Then we headed to the Emerg room. It was routine from there
on except for one thing, and I think some of you newbies might fine this
interesting. The trama and stress of it all made my tremor on left side
so bad that I was shaking all over to the point that the emerg room
doctor was having trouble cleanin the wound and sewing it up. I told
them I had PD and that was what was causing the tremor and shaking. I
told them that I got some relief from benadryl at home, so they ran and
got an IV nurse to give me a shot of benadry direct into the  vein. In
five minutes I had calmed down enouth that the doc could finish sewing
me up. (7 stitches) Of course they gave be several other injecions, an
antibotic and a t------s shot. ( I can't spell that word but you know
what I mean). So after some Advil and more benadryl and 1mg of ativan
and a good nights sleep I am fine this morning.
But I thought anyone who had not started the traditional PD drugs might
find this interesting. it really does work for me. And it was approved
by my MD doctor.It is a PD drug and as Casey Stengal would have said
"you can look it up"

Lanier Maddux  63/1
Chattanooga Tn.