I recently forwarded the announcement of the August 16th PD Prayer
Day to family members.  My sister, Nancy, who has been active in the
Medical & Health areas of Prodigy, running web pages, BB's, chat
rooms and a newsletter, forwarded it to all of her e-mail
correspondents.  Here is the result!
Dennis Liebl, son of Lillian PWP 79/1
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Wow...  I wanted to share this with my family.  This morning I got a
note from brother Denny, announcing the Parkinson’s Prayer Day on the
16th. I copied some of the info and sent it to a bunch of people in
my mailbox. I’ve gotten some really warm replies back already.  The
one below is from Stanley Way. He is a member of Prodigy from way
back. One day he wrote me a note asking for a little corner somewhere
on Prodigy in the medical area to chat about Myasthenia Gravis, a
little known about but common disease he has.  I put together a
little web page for it, organized a chat room, and opened up a
subject on the message board.  Soon he had a newsletter going and a
list of links he passed around to his friends.  We’ve kept in touch
now and then, and he is still spreading his word and working hard.  I
sent him a copy of the note this morning. Here is his reply, which he
sent to his list of people on his newsletter - about a thousand
people around the world!

To:     Everyone on mgmail.
--
The sender of the following message was the person at Prodigy most
responsibile for the existence of mgmail, MG Links and Prodigy Chats.
 Nancy Eggleston is like a breath of fresh air in the large corporate
worlds of organizations like Prodigy and AOL.   Her request is a
simple one and not related to Myasthenia Gravis.  However,
Parkinson’s Disease is something that many of us will face, along
with Myasthenia Gravis, so I request your support of her request in
whatever way you may consider.  Note that Nancy also operates the
Beescene webpage with a support group for Myasthenia Gravis.
http://www.beescene.com/
Regards,
Stan Way
Hello everyone,
I am passing this blurb on to you in hopes that you will know of
someone to pass it on to as well. My mother was just diagnosed with
Parkinson’s Disease, so I was very happy to see this come through my
mailbox. If you can participate, that would be wonderful. Thanks!
Nancy

“August 16, 1998 has been informally designated as a day of
prayer/meditation for a cure for Parkinson’s Disease.  You are
invited to participate in this unique event and to combine your
prayers (or other forms of supplication and meditation) with those of
others who either have PD or have been affected by this disease.
Similar events have been done by other groups for the purposes of
world peace, etc., and PD is also an issue that affects people from
all backgrounds and cultures.   It is hoped that this event will, at
the very least, help to promote a sense of common purpose amongst
those affected by PD, by giving them a sense of active participation,
rather than passive submission.  At the best, perhaps we can together
help speed along the search for a cure, so that we may all get on
with our lives and pursue our dreams and purposes with renewed vigor
and health. To make it simple, please take a few minutes either at
dawn or dusk (when first waking up or going to bed), to think about
those with PD and their friends and families, to visualize a cure for
PD, and to give thanks that this will be done, AS IF it were already
reality.
Thank you for your participation and may this event also richly bless
your own life.”
Nancy Eggleston
--
Stanley Way, [log in to unmask]
MG Dx 1980, 60 yrs old, Married with 4 ch., 3.8 gch., Mestinon