I noticed there has been a lot of talk about creating a world renoun symbol
for Parkinson's disease on the listserv lately. I just wanted to remind
everyone of NPF's symbol the "Fighting Flame".

September 25, 1996 commences the day that NPF adopted the Torch as its
symbol. The adoption of the torch, appropriately dubbed the "Fighting
Flame" is part of NPF's public awareness campaign titled "Blazing Towards A
Cure".

Just as Muhammad Ali brought attention to Parkinson's while lighting the
torch at the Olympics, he again brought attention to the disease by
lighting NPF's first flame at a press conference in Washington, DC back in
1996.

The igniting of the "Fighting Flame" symbolizes the final fight to the
finish to find a cure for Parkinson's. It is NPF's hope that the Torch will
light the way to a cure for Parkinson's.

We have produced and distributed thousand of "Fighting Flames". These pins
are available for a minimum donation of .79 cents to cover cost of production.

You can order your pin on our webpage www.parkinson.org or by calling
1(800) 327-4545.

If anyone would like to speak to me about doing another publicity blitz
surrounding the torch as the symbol, please email me directly.

Thanks.

melinda