Demosthenes, the famous Greek orator, was known for strolling up and down
the beach,  speaking with stones in his mouth, so as to develop his voice.
I understand that some one-on-one therapy is accomplished with the use of a
tongue depressor or other blunt instrument, placed judiciously in the mouth
of the patient by the licensed therapist so as to help develop the
patient's speaking skills.

Our Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society (DAPS) speech therapy group meets on
Thursday.  It consists of fifteen minutes each of mouth exercises,
breathing exercises, and practice speaking to the group.  Since it is a
group therapy session, most of our therapy is accomplished by the therapist
instructing the group and watching everybody's performance.  When it came
to the practice speaking, our therapist, Lynn Glover, asked us to speak
about something in the news this past week.

I chose to talk about President Clinton.  He is not licensed as a speech
therapist, but he  has apparently been performing speech therapy using a
unique tool, untested and unapproved by the FDA.  This could be big trouble
for the President, practicing speech therapy without a license, a  very
serious offense.  There's no wonder that the President would want to lie
about it and not admit to it until it would become absolutely necessary.
And that's clearly what has gotten him into his present predicament with a
group of people who have chosen to become his  patients.

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness