Stan or Joan Snyder wrote:

> Dear Joe: I apologize for my poor choice of words
> What I should have said was: during my 2nd surgery, the probe fed to the
> left front lobe of my brain broke a tiny blood vessel causing blood to
> flow onto my brain and causing
> a concussion.

I wasn't trying to be critical, just checking what seemed to be an
unusual statement. Important for anyone contemplating that kind of
surgery to know that, despite all the recent experience and technical
advances, the risk of death or serious injury (e.g., blindness) is
STILL estimated to be an "acceptable" 1% to 3%! That applies to DBS
or fetal transplants as well, since the invasion is what counts.
There is some hope for the "gamma knife" technique, but it isn't
quite here yet (see CSR Sep 98, out soon). Comment, rafink?
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road