From: Patricia Hewitt <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Does anyone have any advice?
Date: Sunday, August 23, 1998 10:07 AM

Months before I was diagnosed with Parkinsons, I started having bad
leg cramps (mostly in calfs). These cramps increase when I walk and
decrease when I lay down. I first thought I might have a blockage
because my cholesterol was 280. The MRI showed I have two herniated
discs, L4 and L5, plus scoliosis with degenerative changes. Now the
cramps are back. When I walk, my right leg swells. When I lay down,
it goes down again. This is very painfull. I take Sinemet 50/200 four
times a day and Prozac. When I first started having the cramps, I had
not yet been diagnosed with PD and was not taking Sinemet. The
neurosurgeon says surgery, a chiropracter says adjustments,
my neurologist says PD. Does anyone have any advice? Any input would
be appreciated.

                                Thanking you in advance,
                                                Patricia Hewitt