Ivan,
Thanks for your inputs below.

I am not sure what cutting up the Tasmar pills is doing for you.
I presume the idea to approximate a flat response function with time
rather than a sawtooth response one would get over the successive six
hour time intervals the literature says a Tasmar pill lasts.

In your case,you easily detect on/off cycles and sense improvements.
In Aliza's case,her on/off processes are more subtle, so improvements
are not easily discerned.

Aliza was taking 200mg Tasmar with her first Sinemet CR half pill dose of the
day at 7:00am and then at six hour intervals as recommended by Roche.
Earlier on ,she took one Tasmar 100mg pill each time she took the Sinemet
at 3,7,12,17,22.Come to think of it,with that routine,she did not have sharp
BP drops,and did not feel tired.But the Tasmar showed no improvement ,so she
went to
the Roche-recommended routine.

Yesterday,she stopped the Tasmar,and still feels tired,weak,and shaky and at
this am
had another steep BP drop.So,either she is suffering from withdrawal from
the Tasmar,
or these side-effects are caused by something else such as her cardiac
insufficiency
which we thought was under control,or from one or more of the 11 medications
she is
taking each day.

Meanwhile,she is continuing to lose weight and is down to 88lb.
This is evidence that her body is not properly utilizing the food she eats.Her
appetite is good and she eats well but small portions.Meeting with Dietition
tomorrow
evening.See what she suggests.Your remark about slow digestive processes
hits home here.

Warm regards.
Gil