hi gina

you wrote:
>Janet I don't understand your most recent post.
>Negative equals realistic. Help.
>My brain damage is trying but can't get through.
>Thank you in advance.

that quote is attributed to 'susan jeffers'
so i can only give you my interpretation of her meaning
[i don't know who she is]

anyway
when she says 'we are taught...'
i think she implies that 'we are taught wrongly...'

in other words
she thinks that many people including herself
have been taught [i.e. brainwashed, trained, encouraged]
eg
to look on 'catastrophic news' as the only 'hard' news worth reporting
eg
anybody who maintains a hopeful outlook is a 'pollyanna' type and unrealistic

when someone says 'i've got something to tell you"
or 'we have to have a talk' - it's always negative, isn't it?
why aren't positives given the same weight or emphasis?

in the all powerful media of newpapers and television
my understanding is that 'good news' items
are considered 'fluff' or 'filler'
why?

how's your poor brain now?

love
janet

a new voice: http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
51/10 - almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]
janet paterson