Dear Mark,
There are many possible reasons for the increased "down" or "off" time, and your
neurologist should be able to workwith you on this. One thing to mention,
though, is that Sinemet CR is less bioavailable than regular Sinemet; so,
although it may even out the fluctuations, it may also have less effect.

There is also the possibility that protein later in the day may be contributing
to part of the off fluctuations. If you aren't already doing so, taking the
Sinemet 30-60 minutes before meals may help. Some of my clients have used the
same schedule you did -- regular Sinemet first thing in the morning to help get
them started. Then they use CR the rest of the day, taking it well before meals.
Many have had quite good results.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--