List Members,

When I was diagnosed on June 4, 1997, I asked my neuro what I should do to
help prepare myself for the future.  His exact words were "are you on the
Internet?"  After two weeks of Internet searching I discovered this list.
It was a life saver. educational, and encouraging.  Now, a year later with
all the personal banter, personal replies, gossip, and politics, I find the
List a little boring and next to useless.  As a matter of fact, if it was
not for my software preview feature I would unsubscribe.

But in an effort to be positive I would like to offer the following Four
Suggestions:

1. With each message you send to the list or for personal inquiries, please
include your age, date of diagnosis, and return email address.  That way it
is easy for someone to email you directly.
2. If you want to communicate with someone or offer a reply that the list is
probably not concerned with, reply to them directly.  If you want to gossip,
banter, complain to someone, offer condolences, & etc... do it directly.
3. Use an Internet Service provider that offers email software that has a
preview feature and can handle the load from this list.  This probably
excludes AOL.  But, most other software will allow you to use the <Delete>
key during preview.
4. Quit complaining, you guys are driving my symptoms crazy:)

There, I said it. I do not think we need another List, just a little
"netiquette".  Any suggestions?

Larry Fleming 52/1
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/f/l/e/Lawrence-R-Fleming/