, Marling McReynolds wrote:
>I am curious about people who have the "mask".  How did it start,
>How did you know that it was happening, How did it feel inside as it
>took over, and how long did it take to get frozen?????

Marling,

I don't think that your "shudder" is the start of getting a mask. A mask is
a freezing
of the muscles of the face. As far as I know freezing is not usually
following a kind of dyskinesia. I think it sounds, this word may seem
improperly used in this silent way of communicating,but it is sound when
taken metaphorically, to be a symptom of Gilles de la Tourette. I don,t
intend to say you suffer from this disease next to your Parkinson.
G. de la T, is a disease which is caused by too much dopamine in certain
regions in the brain. So it seems possible to react on the levadopa
medication with a symptom of this disease. But as reacting on levodopa with
hallucinations, does not indicate one is schizophrenic your "shudder"
though being a symptom of G.de la T. does not indicate you are suffering
from that. If your "shudders" come when you are "on" my supposition  might
be right, If they come when you are "off"  my supposition is almost
certainly wrong.
Regards Ida

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]