        This is a message to Craig Mellinger, in response to a communication he
recently posted.  But I would appreciate comments from any and all.  I'm
just beginning my new life with PD and need some answers.

Craig -
        Your recent message told of your inability to communicate.  Diffficulty in
presenting my ideas was my tipoff that something was wrong with me.  I have
been known as a person who could spin bullstuf into a Persian carpet (to
almost quote from a recent movie).  And, since I earn my living by
communicating my ideas for new scientific projects, I need to know what I
may expect in the future.
        I would appreciate a description of how and, especially, how rapidly your
problems progressed --- speaking, writing, thinking, typing, organizing
your thoughts.  I need to plan now if I am to turn my duties over to other
staff members.

        And for the rest of you who may read this message, are problems in
communication a "usual" part of PD?  Currently, my symptoms include
mushmouth, cramped handwriting, lack of volume control, hushed voice, etc.
No tremors, no lockup.  Sinemet helps.  I'm back to where I was perhaps 1-2
years ago.

Bill    64/2mo.