Dear Bill,
I've always been one to argue every point, to say something in every
situation, to make a stupid pun - just to make a noise.  I was alaways
on the debating  team, active in student politics, out there on the
protest line. Until the PD. I stammer, I slur, my thoughts get all
jumbled in my brain - and before I can finish a sentence I foget what I
was trying to say. I take so long to get a point across, that my
daughter can't even sit still long enough to listen to what I have to
say. In a store or a restaurant, when I try to request something, the
assistant will always turn to my companion and ask, What does she want?
   And my handwriting has shrunk away into non-existence until it has
become so illegible that even I canot decipher it.   I used to collect
penpals as a hobby - that was one of my first PD losses - one of my
earliest symptoms was the fact that the physical act of writing became
so laborious.
   And I guess that is why this listserv has become so valuable to me.
It has given me back a means to commumicate.  And a strange thing is
happening. I am beginning to find  the old me again, to rediscover who I
was pre-PD.  Thanks guys! You have succeeded where years of therapy have
failed.
Yes I guess you could say communication losses are fairly typical;  if I
exist there must be others out there like me.
Hilary Blue (49/16)