^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses    69   deg. F
Dear LIst,

   Recently, Judith Richards wrote to Gil and Aliza Lieberman, about
cutting Tasmar tablets,

"We  were not cutting the Tasmar.
I was respomding to Ivan Suzman, who is doing it.
I presume that the idea is to approximate a flat response with time by
taking smaller pills more often.Am waiting for his answer to this
presumption."

   First, a brief true story to illustrate why I am cutting 100 mg.
Tasmar tablets into 25 mg and 50 mg doses:

I was driven to the beach today by Jay, my friend, and former live-in
caregiver. Some of you will remember him from the PAN forum in
Washington, two months ago.   Using pre-cut Tasmar and partial Sinemet
tablets, I was actually able to body-surf with his two children, Jennie
15 and Nicky, 10.  I was able to be in a continous, only slightly varying
"on" state for five hours, of which 1 hour was at home, 1 was in the car,
and three hours were at Crescent Beach.

In all 12 years of PD, I NEVER imagined that this could be possible!  I
enjoyed the surf as if I were very much younger, and am still wondering
how on earth I could be this active and well!!

Judith, yes,  I am trying to avoid dyskinesias caused by too much
Tasmar..  I am very sensitive to medications.  50 mg of Tasmar is the
MOST I can tolerate at one time.  Also, I'll mention that  my body weight
is 160-164 lbs., or 74 kg.  I don't know if listmembers would agree that
doses can be adjusted to one's body weight.  I wish that 25 mg and 50 mg
Tasmar tablets were manufactured!

This brings up the general issue that smaller doses of some of the
Parkinson's medications would help so many of us to avoid dyskinesias,
and other symptoms of being excessively medicated.

Ivan 48/12