>Toronto, we have a problem here.
>I bet that there are more than 1600 folks on list now.  As that number grows ,
>we will inevitably have to face the question of exhausting resources.  I do
>not know the answer and am loath to try to put down any one.  However,...

The list has been bumping along at 1500 to 1600 members for a long while.
More people come on, traffic goes up, people leave (probably in
frustration), traffic drops, cycle continues. The stable point seems to be
around 1600 members.

"The solution" is to split of sub lists around specific topics/interests.
But I am not going to get into *that* conversation again :-)

Simon
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============