>My thoughts on this subject. If this gentleman establishes a brand new
>research organazation, then that means he has to build a building and
>stock and staff it. All that may cost 20 or more million. But if he gave
>it to an already existing research org, than the whole 50 mil could go
>towards research only. The money would go further this way. Does this
>make sense to anyone?

>Lanier Maddux  63/1
>Chattanooga, Tenn. Home of Lookout Mountain and Rock City

Well it did to me, and I got jumped on--I guess if one gives away
$50million, he wants control, naturally--and maybe he doesn't like
NPF,APDA,UPF etc?  I would have thought a large grant to one or more
existing orgs, specifying HE could control how it was used, etc.,and
attaching HIS name to it could have been worked out IF that were what he
wanted--apparently it wasn't. (So Lanier, I guess we both got out of the
wrong side of that bed?  Shocking!!)

        Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter  80/9
        Oxford,OH

                ** Ask me about the CARE list for  **