my dear cyber-dad-don!

>I AM NOT YELLING AT ANY BODY
>THIS MORNING I AM CONFUSED.
>I WENT TO THE BATHROOM AND
>FORGOT TO TAKE MY PANTS DOWN.

you are confused
because you are upset
because you are reacting to the 'kefuffle' on the list
our list-family is having a wee squabble
don't all families?

>VIVIAN AND MY NEURO WANT ME TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.
>SAY TAKE PANTS DOWN PULL BOTH UP 3 TO 4 TIMES.
>GOT LOST YESTERDAY.

so you tried something new one time [and one time only] and you goofed up
if at first you don't succeed, try try again, right?
that's the only way we humans learn anything, right?

besides i seem to remember that you told us
that if you got yourself all messed up
that was when vivian would get in the shower with you!!!
[personally, i think it's just an excuse!]

>I AM UPSET ABOUT KEN I THINK IT WAS MY FAULT
>ALL THE DICKENS THAT EVERYBODY GAVE HIM.

'everybody' didn't give ken 'the dickens'
only a few family members did

why don't we focus on those members that gave him '... hmmm
what the dickens is the opposite of 'dickens'???

when you think of 1600 members
and the fact that we always seem readier to complain than commend [?]
if there are 16 complainers, that's only 1 percent of us!

so why are you getting upset about such a teensy proportion?

why not sit back and think
hmmm i see that 99 percent of us haven't complained
that's quite a majority!?!

this scientific analysis can apply to any situation:
bill isbell's worry about communication loss, for instance
human nature [?] being what it is
he asked
about loss
and he's received several heartfelt responses
about loss
say maybe 10 max out of 1600

what about those of us who have no communication loss?
[whether it is loss of physical vocal power, or mental confusion]
would this be any valid or logical reason for bill to get worried?
nope!

besides, it wasn't your fault at all!

the large photo problem is only one part of this kefuffle
and ken hit the wrong key not you!

>AS SOME OF THE OLD LIST MEMBERS KNOW
>I HAVE A WALL OF PHOTOS OF A LOT OF LIST PWP'S
>YOU ALL ARE FAMILY TO ME
>DO YOU NOT HAVE FAMILY PICTURES?
>SO KEN DID WHAT I ASKED HIM.
>SO HE MADE A MISTAKE.

if we look on the photo op as a learning experience
what have we gained?

ken has learned a lot about pc photos from brian

barbara p. has had a filter installed at the list home computer
so if a huge file gets sent in error again, it can't get in to the list mail
at all

>I BET I AM ONE OF THOSE THAT A LOT OF YOU
>THINK IS GOOFING THE LIST UP.

AND.. OOPS... and i will bet that you are wrong!
think about it!

if you have received any mail giving you the dickens
i haven't seen it!
ergo.....
you have a 100 percent approval mandate to send in
whatever whenever and how-much-ever you want!

so why not give the dickens to the complainers
rather than immediately jumping to the conclusion
that they are 'right' and you must be 'wrong'
and therefore in some strange way
'to blame' ?

how about being positive!
let's try to look at the positive side of a situation first, for a change!
let's try to undo some of the negative brainwashing
that was described in my 'taught' quotation
let's try to flip it into:

positive = realistic
and
negative = unrealistic

why not?

>I LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU ALL LIVE
>I VISIT BY MAPS. HAVE MADE OUT MAPS FOR LOT OF YOU.

hey!
where's my map?
can't find Almonte, Ontario, huh?

>JANET HELPS ME TO SAY WHAT I WANT SAID.

i try, because i think your words are always important

>BARB, JUDITH, AND KEN HAVE ALL BEEN A BIG HELP TO ME.

just like caring family, no?

>AFTER 30 YEARS I AM GETTING BAD.

i think you have always been bad!
[so to speak!]

>I DID NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND KEN'S POST.

hah!
join the club!

>LOT OF POSTS I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

so what?
i think the important stuff always gets through to you
strange, ain't it?

>IF I AM AT FAULT I AM SORRY.

you are not, and you shouldn't be

>THEY SAY I AM IN VERY LAST STAGES WHAT EVER THAT  MEANS.

what do they know? who are 'they' anyhoo?

>I WAS THE ONE WHO PUSHED FOR POEM JOKES SO ON.

you weren't the only one!

>AT TIMES I GET TIRED OF READING NOTHING BUT POSTS ABOUT MEDS.

me too!

>WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU MAY HURT ME
>BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT IS VERY VERY GREAT
>HOW ONE WORKS FOR YOU AND IT COULD HELP ME.

right!

>SO LET'S NOT CHANGE THE LIST.
>COMPLAIN, BUT TO YOURSELF.
>AND NOT SO MANY COMPLAINTS ON LIST ON THE SAME SUBJECT
>ONE OR FOUR SHOULD BE ENOUGH.

i think a lot of the anger and frustration that gets vented here
may be mis-directed
it may have a whole other root cause
but i am glad that we feel 'safe' enough here
to say what we feel
irregardless!

>SO NOW I AM GIVING YOU ALL SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT.
>AND AS I SAY I CAN STILL NEED HELP
>THANKS.
>74/30
>2440 LAKEWOOD, LIMA, OHIO 45805