I also have speech problems. My voice is soft (which by the way my wife
doesn't mind), my words are clipped and a bit slured. I thought I was
becomming confused also at first but I realized that I was loosing my
thoughts because I was concentrating on my diction. I just let that worry
go buy, talk the best I can and my thought process is fine now. Here in
lies a problem all of us face. We at times put undue pressure on ourselves
to perform due to our human trait of embarassment. I am embarassed by my
tremor,speech and gait but I have shoved that in the back of my mind and
let happen what happens. I found out that people are more accepting and
understanding than I thought. There seems to be a plus factor here ... I
think people concentrate more on what I am sayimg because of my difficulity
and it seems they listen more intently making my points come across better.
I wouldn't reccomend this as a Dale Carrnagie course but it helps me.

I want everybody here to understand that PD is not your fault, your friends
fault or anybodys fault. It happened to us and we live with it. If I slure
and clip my words that is all I can do. Inside all of us is the real us. We
live in flawed shells but we are the same people we always were. We
love,cry,we laugh, and we dissagree but we are the same as the day we were
born and maybe with PD a bit more naked than we were on our birthday
because we wear our emotions on our sleeves. Talk, walk the best way you
can and let the rest take care of it's self. Love and peace to all of you

Terry