liangshiu lee wrote:
> There was a brief report on Ali being treated with magnetic resonance...

This was posted to the list Aug.4/98, but for the benefit of any new
members...

Muhammad Ali Undergoing Treatment

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)--Aug. 2, 1998-- Muhammad Ali reportedly is trying
an experimental and unconventional treatment for the Parkinson's
syndrome that slowed his reflexes and made it difficult for him to talk.

A retired dentist and oral surgeon claims his resonance machine, which
emits a weak magnetic field, could cure the former heavyweight champion.

Ali has received five treatments, which consist of sitting between two
magnetic black, 8-foot high circles on beach chair, according to The
Palm Beach Post.

``I've been to 15 different doctors,'' Ali said. ``None of them have
been able to do anything.''

Jerry Jacobs' device was not familiar to Dr. Robert Brodner, a West Palm
Beach neurosurgeon who has performed brain surgery on about 60 people
with Parkinson's.

``I don't know what this fellow is talking about. I only hope that he
does,'' Brodner said. ``Any treatment that doesn't have the potential to
harm a patient can be considered.''

AND

Muhammad Ali in No Way Endorses "Magnetic Resonance Treatment"

NEW YORK--(BW SportsWire)--Aug. 3, 1998--Despite claims to the contrary,
Muhammad Ali does not endorse a new magnetic resonance treatment being
offered by Dr. Jerry Jacobson at Pioneer Services in Boca Raton,
Florida.

Invited by Dr. Jacobson, Muhammad and Lonnie Ali visited the clinic to
investigate whether the alternative treatment would be effective in
combating Parkinson's disease. Muhammad did not find the magnetic
resonance therapy effective for him. In no way should his visit to the
clinic be viewed as an endorsement of the treatment.

More importantly, Muhammad hopes his presence at the clinic is not used
to encourage others with Parkinson's Disease to visit the clinic in
search of a miracle cure.

Further, Mr. Ali is more than disappointed with the professionalism of
the Pioneer Services Staff. ``I feel I was used to promote their
clinic,'' says the Champ.
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^