Dear List Friends,
                                some of you may recall that when I
introduced myself to the list a few months ago, I described how I was
nearing the end of a 3 year trial in which I was participating. Well, on
Friday, 28th I will visit my neurologist to find out what happens next. I
already know from my last visit that they want me to come off all my meds in
order to re-assess me prior to beginning a new regime of medication. From
what I was told at that visit 3 months ago, I will reduce my existing meds
to zero over 2/3 days. They want me to remain off meds for as much as 2
weeks, before calling me back in to re-assess and start up on meds once
more. However, if I feel I cannot cope during this 2 week period, I can call
in to be assessed at any time.

                               Once I have been assessed I then have some
options open to me. I could continue on my existing (and as yet unknown)
medication for a further 2 years, still not knowing what I am taking, or I
could opt to find out what I have been on, and continue, and lastly, I could
be put on a different medication regime. If I opt to remain on the existing
meds for a further 2 years, I will still need to visit the neurologist on a
regular basis (every 6 months, as compared to 3 months at present), but
doing it this way allows me to receive the meds free of charge. Otherwise, I
will have to begin paying for my meds - what a thought!

                                The trial has been a double blind trial to
compare the side effects of sinemet and pergoliode. I am on one of these at
the moment, but do not know which one. I will keep you informed as to my
progress, and hopefully the absence of meds will not be too intolerable.

Martin Purchase 44/3