Bruce,
There are a couple of milk alternatives that I recommend to my clients. One is
Westsoy Non Fat Soy Beverage (with Calcium and Vitamins A & D). This particular
Westsoy milk has just 3 grams protein per 8 oz (as opposed to milk, which has 8
grams).

Another is Rice Dream, with only 1 gram protein per 8 oz. But there are several
versions, including flavored -- be sure to get the kind that's fortified with
calcium and vitamin D.

Both of these are pretty acceptable milk substitutes, though they don't taste
like milk. They work quite well on breakfast cereal.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD