Barb,

Need a prayer?  -  You got it!

Along that line of thought, my parents just left today after visiting for a
week.  My dad brought along with him the book, "Saved by the Light."  I read
it while they were here.  It's about a guy who has now died twice and
survived, and has had near-death experiences (NDE's) both times.  The first
time he died of a lightening strike while talking on the phone.  Anyway, his
experiences have been some of the most detailed of anyone, and a couple of
the things he related I found particularly interesting.  The first, which is
relevant to prayer, was that when this Being of Light brought him into this
"city" that was also filled with light, he could see all of the prayers
coming from those still down on earth, arriving in the city, and kinda
moving around on their own beams of light.  I guess all of our prayers go to
one place,  and they seem to take on their own reality, so to speak, and
become visible.  Makes sense then, that if ya have alot of people praying at
once for the same thing, it would get noticed.

Another interesting aspect of his experience was the life review he was
given both times, and also some predictions that he was given the first time
by these Beings of Light.  Not all of the predictions were written in stone,
they could be changed, but so far something like 94 of 115 of them have
happened.  Anyway, it sounds like he was a real bully growing up, and then
as an adult, worked as an assassin in the military, and later transported
weapons to other countries for the CIA or whatever.  All that changed after
his first death experience, due both to the visions he was shown, a mission
he was given (to set up what would essentially be like holistic treatment
centers where people could go and destress, get massages, etc), and also due
to a life review that they gave him, which wasn't very pleasant for him,
consideriing all of the things that he had done.  The key thing about his
life review was that he experienced it from the perspective of the people
(and their families, etc) that he had hurt.  He also made a point to mention
that anyone who also ever hurts an animal during their lifetime, will also
get to feel the animal's pain during their review.  The point of the life
review was in part to show him how every action one made, not only affected
another, but  rippled along to many others too.  On the other hand, the
Being told  him that the world was made a better place, not necessarily by
big, elaborate good deeds, but thru lots of many small ones over a lifetime.
He also said it made a difference in the review  whether the person he had
hurt deserved it (e.g., he was defending himself) or whether he had just
hurt them for no real reason.

Just thought I'd bring this up, as we recently had our prayer day.  I wonder
what it would've been like to have seen hopefully thousands of prayers for a
cure for pd arriving all in one day!  (Altho' whats a day up there?  Who
knows?)  His story may also give some comfort to those with pd faced with
the prospect of having a "fatal" disease (altho' as I've said before, I have
issue with that designation).  Death, as portrayed in his book, and by many
other accounts which I've read, is not something to be feared.  It is simply
a transition to another form, and in fact, many of those who have had NDE's
actually look forward to when they'll be able to return.  Kinda takes the
edge off of or some of the power away from pd.  I like that.  Anything that
I can steal back from pd, I will!

Wendy Tebay