Virginia,
At each museum and at each place of interest, there are wheel chairs
availabe for free. If you have a disability token for your car, the
traffic police are also vey helpful in helping  you find parking.
The main problem is getting from your vehicle to the museum, and from
one museum to another.  But if Ted can walk that far, the rest is no
problem.  I live in Northern Virginia, and have just done the round of
museums with out of town  guests.
If you want to talk about it, Email me your tel no in private, and I'll
call you.

Hilary Blue