Dear listfriends on both lists--  Just to say that the posts I wrote this
AM were FINALLY sent out by our Miami U. listserv!  Apparently the influx
of some 16,000 college students over the weekend has tied up the mail
server-- they must all be writing home for money!  :-)
I have wanted to reply to other posts, and will do so as I'm able and hope
they get "mailed" promptly--but please be patirent if you've asked me
something (like how to join CARE) and haven't heard yet!

This free listserv is a blessing, but it can be overwhelmed---and the Help
Desk is swamped too, so I'm flying "by the seat of my pants". Things should
settle down on campus in a week or 2.

Meanwhile, I've been unable to access ANYTHING on Netscape--not even my own
webpage. I get a message that says"Netscape is unable to locate the server
www.newcountry.nu  It has no DNS entry. Using previous cached copy instead.

Other servers are similarly unavailable. Any clues as to why?
*****
and while I'm getting this out (I hope) here's a reminder that I am taking
care of "list mechanics" offlist:
A REMINDER until we get used to it, that I HAVE ANSWERED Jim Ryan's
question re: sub. tp PD list.  No one else needs to!

********

Dear listfriends--

Increasingly, people are leaving the list because of the VOLUME of posts,(
as well as in some cases the nature of many of them.)

Because we are trying to keep messages intended only for one person off the
list
I intend in the future to send OFFLIST to the individual  the information
about "HOW TO..." signoff, set digest, etc, etc, etc.

I find that sending these instructions to the list does little good, as
others seem to miss them or not take note, and have to inquire again--
perhaps this will help a little to cut down the volume.

PLEASE remember it will NOT be necessary for other listmembers to reply to
these requests--I WILL do it, but not on the list--just assume it is being
done! :-)

And may I remind us all that if we KEEP the instructions Barb Patterson
sends with her welcome, we won't need to ask unless we have a special
problem!

        Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter  80/9
        Oxford,OH

                ** Ask me about the CARE list for  **