Dear List Friends,
                                I am now on day 2 of my reduction in
medication prior to my drugs holiday, and surprisingly, I am feeling very
well indeed. Yesterday and today I took half my usual dosage, and over the
next 2 days I will take only a quarter. After that I will be off meds as
long as I can tolerate it, up to 2 weeks if possible before I go back to
hospital to be re-assessed to return to medication. I went out shopping with
my family yesterday, and only experienced some slowness and stiffness while
walking. Even the tremor has not made itself more evident, which I found
surprising. Today I spent several hours mowing the grass in our large back
garden, taking frequent breaks to avoid overdoing things too much. I didn't
manage to complete cutting all the grass, but this was mainly due to having
neglected the garden for several weeks. The weather has not been suitable
for a long time plus I have also been putting it off. My hands
did become stiff and sore to some extent, and I had some pain in my right
forearm, but so far that was all by 3.20pm. At this point I took a longer
break as it was getting rather warm, and the afternoon has always been my
worst time of day. Many thanks to those people who wrote to me expressing
support, it was greatly appreciated.

Martin Purchase