Just in case any of you would like to test your very own PCs for Year 2000
compliance, I am happy to send you a little DOS-based program that will run
this test for you.  It is free and available to individuals to use.

A brief explanation of the problem follows.

"A serious problem was designed into the PC in 1984 (and into many
applications, files and databases since) and remains a problem
today: most computer systems will not gracefully enter the next
decade, not long from now.  The system date will probably be
incorrect - without assistance, anyway - on 2000-01-01 or later
because of a hardware design flaw.  Similarly, many software
applications will misbehave as the year 2000 is approached and
passed, too, even if the system date is correct."

This application will test your PC but it won't test other applications.
If you are concerned about these, I suggest you contact the developer to
see if their application might have Y2K problems.

Please, if you are interested in this application, contact me off-line at
[log in to unmask] I'll send you the zipped file.  A secondary method for
getting the test program is to visit the following web page and download it
your own self.

http://www.RighTime.com/

Jeff Jones