^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses       deg. F

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:41:27 -0400 Bruce Anderson
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I will make contact, Ivan.  An particular advice on how to handle two
>who
>are, & always have been, big supporters (Lautenberg & Torricelli)?
>
>Bruce A.

I would suggest that you ask them or their representatives to meet YOU
personally.  Or talk to you personally on the telephone, if you can't
arrange appointments in person.

I would suggest you then ask them if they would go BEYOND supporting us.
"Support" is different from long-term commitment.WE NEED long-term
commitment to specific goals.

I would ask them to speak out  in favor of the research centers, the
training of young scientists and medical workers, the aid to families
with dependent Parkinson's suffererers, the public education and
outreach, and the coordination of Parkinson's research, and the research
planning conferences, all STIPULATED in the Udall bill they have voted
for.

I would ask them to look at the world-wide impact such a commitment would
have.  I would speak of it in terms of it being good for the country,
good for the world, good common sense as an investment.
If enough of us BELIEVE in a cure, the money will be found to actually
find a cure.

Bruce, thank you for your immediate response and obvious support.  I hope
you get a chance to tell us all what happens when you contact your New
Jersey senators.

IVAN