Some of the symptoms of BPH (PBH means never knowing when you're
finished) are much like symptoms of PD - slow urination, frequent
urination, and incomplete emptying of the bladder.  There is a
procedure called the urodynamics test that can be used to
differentiate how much of the symptoms are due to one condition as
compared to the other.  It involves inserting a tube up the urethra,
a distinct unpleasantness rendered even more unpleasant by the
resistance to the tube offered by sphyncter muscles made stiff by PD.
I've had this experience and don't want to go through it again, ever.
When the soft tube wonldn't go in all the way after a number of
attempts, they used some kind of soft wire.  This caused agony when I
had to pee that lasted for several days thereafter.  As bad as
cystoscopy.  I wonder whether that test was really necessary, and if
so, whether there are more and better alternatives (ultrasound?)
today.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9