I take a lot of this stuff. It was the first PD pill I
took, along with Elderpryl, so the CNN report this
morning really grabbed my attention. The first time in
ages that I saw something all the way through instead
of catching the tail end of a report, like "....cure
for Parkinson's. And in other news..."

Somewhere in Germany (Bern?) there were a bunch of
depressed horses (no, this is serious, really.) These
horses stopped eating, some of them even killed
themselves. I have no idea how a horse kills himself,
but that's beside the point. When they did slides of
the horse's brains they found a virus, now known as the
Bern Virus (amazing how they come up with these names,
isn't it?)

Now researchers have found the same virus in the brains
of humans who have killed themselves and find that
Amantadine is effective in killing it (the virus, not
the people.)

Now isn't it interesting that a virus which installs
itself in the brain, causing depression, can be
attacked by Amantadine, a drug which, through some yet
unknown method, also has a positive effect on PD
symptoms?

I certainly have a layman's' concept of the inner
working of the brain, which is to say that I know
enough to contradict where my wife thinks mine is
located, but shouldn't this respark the theory that PD
is caused by a yet unidentified virus?