Hi Don et al:

I am so sorry that my being knocked off power dropped the List Talk by about
40%. I tried to get my daughter to e-mail for me but she could only do a few.
I am sure my "Banter" was missed (OH Yes) but American Electric Power had so
many areas out  they had to call in help from Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio and
Illinois.  Sourrounding states to get everything back to normal. Or so they,
as it was so bad they had an answering machine saying they were very sorry
about the power and they were working in this area or that area. They never
talked about our area.  Sort of freaked me out.
I talked to my new doctor Neuro in Chicago today, I called about 12:00AM EST
and she called me at around 1:00PM EST.  I was floored, 1.  She called me back
even within an hour, and 2. She made a decision right on the shot.  It's my
legs/ankles/feet, still giving me problems.  They are getting better but not
yet.  They feel and look horrible. Only problem is we decrease the Permex and
I start back shaking worse again.  So, if it continues to get worse, the
Sinemet will be increased to compensate. Is this a never ending struggle?
Will it always be battle between this symtom or this side effect?  I don't
mind so much if that is what will happen, I just would like to be prepared.
I am not going to lay down and let this beat me (PD) anymore than I have let
my addictions beat me.  I have laughed, cried, shared, studied about it all,
but I have not given up on these things, and I never will.  Laughter is a way
of keeping me up, alive and not obsessing on my disease.  I am sure i could
get that way quick.  But I am me, I am Gina or Regina, or Sparki and a good
friend, a good wife, mother and whatever else you wish to call me.  But I am
not "Gina with Parkinson's Disease".  I am Gina who makes Angels from scratch,
jewelry, a cook, a good listner, whatever and oh by the way, I have
Parkinson's Disease.  Sure I have things I've had to give up because of it PD,
but I have adapted somethings to still fit, to work on, to be a part of.
Parkinson's is a bit-- and I'm not thrilled as I am sure none of us are to be
in it's clutches.
I made a few mistakes this last go round, due to ignorance, non-compliance,
anger and I was enjoying you all.  Well, not all but the other parts of the
list that enjoy the comical events.  I think (I hope) I know the correct way
to send my messages now.  I had a problem apparently stated my new doctor.  I
was being drug Overdosed.  Well, between now and then about 10 days ago, I
feel so much better. Emotionally, and my sleep is returning I am no longer
posting in the middle of the night to people.  I do not know what I said in
those and am sorry for these mindless posts.  I mean mind less.  I kept saying
things about my memory going.  Well, I seem to have, with the help of a
wonderful doc found the help I needed. To some who no longer post to me due to
those posts, please give me a 2nd chance.  The highest power has relieved me.
I also want to say I try not to judge other people but it seems we have some
of that here.   As for Ken, he has helped me in so many ways.  He has listened
to me complain, cry, and wonder why I have this disease.  We have laughed
together, seems we have a sense of humor close together.  But I know how to
laugh with him and others without spoiling it for all.  I did not realize that
there was a limit to posts.  See I've learned some very helpful things.  Janet
you're great, a wonderful woman, who has a big heart.  Barb you are a good
friend here on the net, you keep it straight and my Garfield Cap is off to
you.  Or if you prefer my Looney Tunes Cap go figure.
I even have a Teddy Bear Cap, a Daffy Duck Cap, a Goofy Cap all of them are
off to you.  Judith what can I say to you, you were so helpful and kind.  I
felt very secure and wanted by you and the list.  My head is clearing and like
I said if the PD meds are kept under control or in some control I will be ok.
It is unforturnate that a doc can't take a few moments from January to August
to answer some questions and help with some meds/problems.  So I took action
and feel so much better.
I am back to PD List and I'm so happy to be here again.
TTFN
Gina